Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress #2)

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost is the second in the night huntress series. I don't often read one book after another in a series, but for this one, I made an exception. I hated the way the last one ended. So, I HAD to start this one to make up for it.

This book starts 4 years later. Cat has made a new life for herself fighting vampires and leading a group of men she trained. They are very good at their job but something is missing in her life. After "serendipitously" meeting Bones's maker and letting him go, her life starts to change, but is it for the better? Bones also makes an appearance not long after she decides to date others. She meets him in all places at a friend's wedding. Things don't go smoothly, but yet their love finds a way and they plan together to keep everyone safe, especially Cat.

So, with a "missing" father who still rules a part of her life and a very "interested" master vampire who Bones knows well wrecking havoc on their lives, they must find a way of mixing Cat's new life with their rekindled romance. The twists and turns keep for a fast and interesting read. Lots of action as well as the epiphanies within the mystery keep the book moving. This book is a must for those who love action with a smidgen of romance within. Great second book to this series. Of course, I recommend it. 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! i'm so glad u liked it. I have 2 read this one. It's a very addictive series :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the review I'll have to hunt around for the book.

    BTW love your blogsite so I became a follower.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!