Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Kissing Sin" by Keri Arthur (Riley Jensen #2)

Kissing Sin (Riley Jensen, Guardian, Book 2)
From Melbourne’s gleaming skyscrapers to its throbbing nightclubs, Riley Jenson’s world is raging with danger and desire. A drop-dead-gorgeous werewolf–with a touch of vamp coursing in her blood–Riley works for an organization created to police the supernatural races. But when she wakes up naked and bruised in a barren alley, she knows only that she must run for her life.

Within moments Riley collides with the sexiest man she’s ever seen: steely, seductive Kade, who is fighting a life-and-death battle of his own. With old lovers and enemies gathering around her, Riley knows she is being pursued by a new kind of criminal. Because in Riley’s blood is a secret that could create the ultimate warrior–if only she can survive her own dangerous desires….

Kissing Sin is the second book in the Riley Jenson series. The first, "Full Moon Rising" I was not impressed by at all (my review). In this book, however, I felt was a much better. I think the main thing for me was that she wasn't justifying her casual sex ways by lame excuses, but rather just stated to just take me as I am, it's a part of me. That was a much better attitude and therefore did not get in the way of the action of the book. The action, which starts at the very beginning of the book and doesn't end until the last chapter.

Within this story, the main problem the directorate is trying to solve is the same as the one they were in the middle of in the first book. While still searching for clues, and saving her own life, Riley comes across Kade, a horse shifter. Their chemistry is immediate and interesting to say the least. Of course, Riley, isn't one to just attract one sexy guy, so we meet Kellen a alpha wolf whom really stirs Riley's interest. Now can we trust those two new love interests for Riley? Only time and more books into the series can tell.

Misha is also back in this book and we find out more and how deep he was into the mysterious lab the Directorate is investigating. We also find out why he seems determined to help Riley out as much as he is able. The end to this relationship is bittersweet and that is all I will say about that. ;)

Quinn also makes an appearance and finally decides to play a bigger part in Riley's life. To me, even if he isn't Riley's soul mate, I find him the most trustworthy of the bunch. But in the life of Riley who knows what will really go down in the end?

In total, I gave this book 3 1/2 stars. I liked it much better than the first. Perhaps the third book will be even better!

2 comments:

  1. Keri Arthur is an author on my MUST read list!!
    However, I just started reading the genre (PR and UF) 13+ months ago and so there are so many books that I have not read yet!!!

    Thank you for an honest review... I do hope the next one is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like 4 or 5 of these in my TBR pile. I look at them and always end up picking something else to read, I don't know why. Your review has me thinking to give them a shot though I see I might have to grin and bear it through book 1 to see the storyline take off...Thank you for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!