Friday, May 11, 2012

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson #4) by Molly Harper

Just as Jane Jameson’s unlife seems to be stabilizing, fate sinks its fangs firmly into her butt. Despite her near-phobia of all things marital, her no-frills nighttime nuptials to her sexy boyfriend Gabriel are coming along smoothly. But the road to wedded bliss gets bumpy when a teenage acquaintance is fatally wounded in front of Jane’s shop and she turns him to save his life. The Council pronounces Jane responsible for the newborn vamp until he can control his thirst.

Jane’s kitchen at River Oaks barely holds enough Faux Type O to satiate the cute teen’s appetite and maintain Gabriel’s jealous streak at a slow simmer. As if keeping her hyperactive childe from sucking the blood out of the entire neighborhood isn’t enough to deal with, the persnickety ghost of Jane’s newly deceased Grandma Ruthie has declared a war on the fanged residents of River Oaks. Suddenly,
choosing monogrammed cocktail napkins and a cake that she can’t eat seems downright relaxing in comparison.

Tensions inside the house are growing…and outside, a sinister force is aiming a stake straight for the center of Gabriel’s heart. Most brides just have to worry about choosing the right dress, but Jane fears that at this rate, she’ll never make it down the aisle for the wedding all nice girls dream of…
Yep, look at me! I read all 4 of these... in order! I'm so proud of myself! *puffs out chest* Guess I should be careful about doing that... I could poke out an eye. ;) I will say this to those that might find themselves with a book or two out of order... it is more fun to read these as I did, but you don't have to do so. You can go ahead and pick up any of these books and have fun reading it.

Oh and this book! I have to say this was my fave of all 4! I liked it because the characters had grown. You know those books where the characters have to make the same mistakes ad nauseum? Smart people but never learn? Well, it seems that all the characters, wonderfully flawed, actually learned from previous mistakes. Very much acknowledging what they did wrong and what they want to do differently to affect the outcome. Of course the one thing that hasn't changed is the humor and I want to thank Molly Harper for that!

In this book we also get introduced to a new character, Jamie. Wait, that's not quite right... we were quickly introduced to this hot male jail bait in the last book, but we get to know him better. He becomes Jane's childe. And while I admit I did cringe when it happend because I was expecting the same tired ol' bad teen clichés, I didn't get that. Oh there were teen probs, but at least the kid wasn't annoying. In fact, I really enjoyed his character.

I so recommend this book and give it 4 1/2 stars. If you ever wanted to laugh at wedding preparations, near death experiences... or even full on death ones, mothering, ghosts and family, pick up this book. Your funny bone with thank you!
I received this book from the publisher, Pocket Books and no compensation for my review was given.

12 comments:

  1. Great review, I have this series on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title, great review, this sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've only read the first three bookss. Thanks for sharing. I definitely have to picked this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 4 books in order?! What? *faints dead away and then wakes up to pat Melissa on the back* WELL DONE YOU!!! Good to know this series keeps getting stronger and that this was your favorite thus far:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't wait to get into this one! I'm glad it was as good as the others. And I'm also so proud of you, congrats! it's amazing, reading them all in order? wow! I thought about you yesterday I'll read a 11th book before the fourth book. it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SHIZZZ MELISSA! I don't know what I am more excited for, this:

    Yep, look at me! I read all 4 of these... in order! I'm so proud of myself!

    or this:

    ou know those books where the characters have to make the same mistakes ad nauseum? Smart people but never learn? Well, it seems that all the characters, wonderfully flawed, actually learned from previous mistakes. Very much acknowledging what they did wrong and what they want to do differently to affect the outcome.

    I admittedly had never heard of these books before but your reviews of them have totally convinced me to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCH! My eye!! LOL

    So.. tell me more about the jail bait... Good thing I consider age to just be a number.

    Oh, and LOVE the trailer. So funny. Yup, definitely adding all four of these books to the old TBR, and I'm reading them in order too. :)

    *runs off to find an eye patch*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now tell me, can a vampire bride wear white? And, is this teenager hers forever? Cause that is the best birth control out there, getting a teenager to raise without all the sweet baby memories. I've got to read this series b/c I need to know why grandma is haunting her own granddaughter!
    *me patting you on back for reading in order*

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lalala not listening, must red book 2 first

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you! Reading in order (though you really need to with this series) :) :) :)

    Did you not love her "child" --- I thought it was very cleverly done :)

    SNORT CLUB RULES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong that I read the title of this book and I immediately said "Oh yes they do!"? LOL! This series sounds quite fabulous. I need a good series, me thinks I need to look into this one. I've been missing vamps lately. Then again, the hole I've been living in is kinda empty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Just watching the trailer makes me want to laugh. Oh man, I really need to get to this series.

    So glad to see you are reading these in order, and loving it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!