Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Off Tuesday: Dreadfully Ever After

"Every once in awhile there are covers that just make you say Oh My! Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad, and sometimes it is head scratching. The point of Top Off Tuesday is to show you the ones with their Tops Off! Seriously y’all hunting out Top Off Tuesday covers is one of my favorite pastimes and you should join the fun!" ~from the Geeky Blogger

I have been enjoying this meme on Felicia's The Geeky Blogger's blog and have finally found some time to join in. The other players are Amanda from On a Book Bender, Christi from Smitten with Reading. Button made by Missie at The Unread Reader

My submission:

Dreadfully Ever After
by Steve Hockensmith
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and its prequel, Dawn of the Dreadfuls, were both New York Times best sellers, with a combined 1.3 million copies in print. Now the PPZ trilogy comes to a thrilling conclusion with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After. 
The story opens with our newly married protagonists, Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy, defending their village from an army of flesh-eating “unmentionables.” But the honeymoon has barely begun when poor Mr. Darcy is nipped by a rampaging dreadful. Elizabeth knows the proper course of action is to promptly behead her husband (and then burn the corpse, just to be safe). But when she learns of a miracle antidote under development in London, she realizes there may be one last chance to save her true love—and for everyone to live happily ever after.
Hm... think I took the theme a bit too seriously for my Halloween ToT... still it qualifies, right? I still need to read these. Might be good for halloween. LOL 

20 comments:

  1. Haha, I love your Halloween week ToT pick, very appropriate! Not quite my taste in guys, but I'm sure someone will find him attractive. He is undead Darcy after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. You are so funny! That's some serious TOP OFF-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies I must confess that I've never felt inspired to read any of the other books in the series but I can see this would make perfect Halloween reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sequels were better than PPZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahaha, okay, I surrender. Best TOT ever! So much fun. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I need more Halloween reads! This sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm I don't think I know this one, the cover doesn't ring a bell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say I prefer a little more muscle on my men Melissa, he's a bit bony for my taste. But that's just me of course ;-) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha....My his bones are very uniform, and what a striking jawline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAH! Love your choice this week. Sometimes you just have to be literal. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! That kicks ass. I totally love it. That skeleton dude is HAWT! Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!