Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Audiobook Review with Crafts: Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Series: Covenant # 3.5
Narrator: Rob Shapiro
Unabridged
2 hrs. 52 min.
Source: Library/Hoopla
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods.
My thoughts:

I had heard that I could not miss this novella and I'm glad I listened. I think it brings a big aspect to light that happens between Covenant #3 and #4. I won't go into that, but I will say this is Aiden's story and you get all that Aiden goodness. :) I was surprised at Rob Shapiro's narration because I wasn't expecting the change (I didn't pay attention to the narrator when I borrowed the audio). I think he did an excellent job and wouldn't mind him narrating another book in this series.

I give this audio 4 1/2 stars. It is a perfect addition to the series and highly recommended within the series.

Crafts!
One of my pups is having a b-day this month. She LOVES scarves and so I made her one. I found the saying on Urban Threads and used this tutorial on Sew4Home as a basis for what I did. I think if I used better fabric for the solid pink (I used scrap and it wasn't great quality... cheap but all I had in that color atm) it wouldn't have puckered as much. Still, I don't think she minds. In fact she asks to get a fresh bandana from time to time so I think this fits the bill. :) My fashion hound.


Want to join us?

25 comments:

  1. Glad you're continually enjoying this series! Oh and I love that scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one series where you really do need to read the novellas, glad you liked this!
    And that bandanna, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how happy she is with her scarf!!! That is a smiling face if I've ever seen one:) I think Gracie would try to pull it off, she's not big on fashion. You should have seen the battle we underwent on a daily basis to get her to wear her coat this past winter. I was all YOU HAVE NO HAIR, YOU HAVE TO WEAR A COAT WHEN IT'S FREEZING! And she was all SAYS YOU, and then she proceeded to run around the house trying to avoid me. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she gets upset when I take the old dirty one off. She gets happy when I put a new one on. That is the face I get when I give her a fresh scarf. LOL

      Delete
  4. I wish my dogs liked scarves! Or anything really. They just try to climb their way out of sweaters and anything else. And so I'm nice and don't force it. But she just looks adorable! I love it! And I'm glad the book was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hates to go one second without one. It's too funny. My boy demands a coat when it is cold... and I don't usually dress my pets. I swear! LOL

      Delete
  5. I love the covers for this series. I am glad you are reading them as it reminded me to pick them up. Love the scarf. Such a cute face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, pick this one up. I think it really helps the series.

      Don't tell her that, she'll use it against me. Nevermind, she already does! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh that is cute!!!

    Do you sell your stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing the narrator isn't Rob Shapiro the lawyer. lol. *sigh* I need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's great that this novella was that good! I know it's always tricky with this format

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read too much from Armentrout in a really long time but I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I might have to give this series of hers a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! This is a must read I reckon! There is a lot that happens in this book that you need to know before book 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is very close to a must read. I think you could get by without it, but it makes things so much easier with it. :D

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!